I'm the Hungry Lady. (duh)
Here's what you should know....in no particular order.
1. I love to eat.
2. I hate to cook. And because I hate to cook, I tend to not pay attention when I do cook, thus causing everything to burn. I once actually burnt Minute Rice. Really. I've come a long way since then, but still try to stay out of the kitchen.
3. There are only a few things that I won't eat: Shrimp/Crawfish (I'm allergic. Otherwise I would eat these all the time), Mayonnaise (Everything about mayo weirds me out. I don't mind mayo in things, but I will NEVER put plain mayo on a sandwich), most beans (it's a texture thing), and salmon (I just don't like it, no matter how it's cooked).
4. I also love to write. And I write in exactly the same way that I speak. I'm blunt, overly honest, and exceptionally sarcastic.
5. I live and work in South Carolina, so I'll mostly be writing about places around here.
6. I'm a big fan of road trips. Plus my entire family is about 700 miles away from me. So that will explain why I'll occasionally do some reviews for places that aren't in town.
7. In addition to food, I love drinks. I became a bit of a beer snob while living outside of Philadelphia a couple of years ago. And I started to get into wine shortly after I graduated from college. I like cocktails too, but keep them simple. Anything too sweet just doesn't do it for me.
8. Since I began this blog, I think I've become the most annoying dining companion ever. Thanks to my friends who continue to go out with me, and don't object to me insisting that they let me try what they order and for letting me take pictures of their food before they eat it.
9. My friends are all really good cooks. I'll be blogging about the meals they make, but won't be rating them. The ratings are reserved for the restaurants.
10. As much as I love a really fancy meal, I'd rather keep it simple. Simple flavors (or deceptively simple flavors), minimalist plating, simple food. As long as it tastes good, I'm on board. And sometimes I'd rather have a cheeseburger than a fancy dinner.