Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Contest Time!

Ok.  I've been thinking about this for quite some time.  I wanted to come up with a contest that somehow relates to the point of this blog, but that wasn't over the top or cheesy.  I think I've finally come up with something.  I hope y'all enjoy it.

Why am I hosting a contest?
I've finally made it to over 100 fans on Facebook, and I'm at 99 on Twitter. In my book, this is cause for celebration!

Who can participate?
Anyone.  Tell your friends.  Send them this way.  I certainly don't mind the extra readers.

How to Enter
I've thought long and hard about this and finally reached a decision.  I want to see your reviews.  Before you panic and decide that you're not a writer and thus cannot possibly come up with a review, I don't want anything complicated or in-depth.  I want to see about a paragraph about a meal or part of a meal.  It doesn't have to be from a restaurant - if you've cooked or someone else cooked for you, I want to hear about it.  And don't forget a picture!

So how's the winner picked?
There are two options here.  1) I can be boring and use random.org to pick a winner out of everyone who submits a review.  2) I can post your reviews/pictures and let y'all vote on our winner.  I like option two better, but if anyone has a strong opinion one way or the other, please let me know.

What do I win?
How does a restaurant gift card sound?  I'm not going to specify a restaurant since I know there are people who aren't in the Columbia area.  But I can tell you that it will be for $50.  And that I absolutely refuse to make it to a chain restaurant.  Once the winner is chosen, he/she and I will discuss a restaurant.

What's the Deadline for Entering?
Ok.  You have one week to get your review/pictures submitted.  All entries must be in my inbox (thehungrylady at gmail dot com) by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 7, 2011.  I'll post the entries here  on September 9, and let y'all vote.  Voting will close on September 14, and the winner will be announced on September 15.  When you enter, make sure to include your picture, review, contact info (name and email), and where you would like a gift card to.

Questions?
Email me, Facebook me, or Tweet me.  And if you have any suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment