Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Savory Brunch at Cafe Strudel

A few weeks ago, I finally got around to trying famed Columbia breakfast spot Cafe Strudel.  I had every intention of finally trying the oft recommended Hangover Hashbrowns, despite not being anywhere close to hungover.  And then I checked the brunch specials for the day, and I knew I had to change my planned order in favor of something a bit more unique.

R and I both decided to order from the list of specials on this particular Sunday morning.  He opted for a take on a classic eggs benedict: One with fresh tomatoes and avocados.  I had thought about ordering it, but of course, didn't want to get the same thing, so I had something different.  Which of course, didn't stop me from from trying a bite of R's.  The avocados were so creamy and just added a completely amazing bit of flavor to the dish.  I would strongly suggest ordering it if you get the chance.

Can't you tell how delicious this was?
Since I was determined to order something different, I got the other special on the list: Pulled pork and bleu cheese slaw french toast.  Yes, you read that correctly.  It was amazing.  Three giant pieces of french toast topped with a sweet and it spicy pulled pork and a tangy bleu cheese slaw.  Every single element was great on its own, but eaten together?  An otherworldly experience.  Unfortunately, it was way too much food for me.  I ended up leaving the third piece of french toast and just eating the pork and slaw.  Very seriously one of the best brunches I have ever had.

My mouth is watering just looking at this.
Bottom line?  Make sure you go out and try brunch (or lunch or dinner) at Cafe Strudel.  But, you'll have to wait a bit, as they are currently moving down the street to a new location.  Not sure when it will be up and running, but you can find out on Facebook or Twitter.


Final Rating

You can find Cafe Strudel on Facebook, Twitter, or the web.

Cafe Strudel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment