Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let's continue our journey through food in Columbus, Ohio, shall we?

In my travels last week, I got to spend sometime with family I hadn't seen in quite sometime, and we went out to brunch.  B found this place that is actually in Dublin, Ohio called Digger & Finch. We didn't actually get there until about noon, so I was feeling more lunch food than breakfast food.

J & B both opted for the Sunday brunch buffet.  The buffet featured an omelet bar, waffle bar, and several lunch options as well.  There were plenty of fruit and dessert choices, as well as soup and salad.  They were pretty satisfied with everything, except for the Guinness and cheddar soup.  I tried that one as well, and it did absolutely nothing for me.  It was really lacking in seasoning and was a little too thick. But really, if the soup is the only thing I can complain about, it's still been a pretty good outing.


I was really in the mood for some lunch food, and a sandwich on the menu caught my eye. Sometimes I like to pretend that I have a developed palate, but secretly, I have the tastes of a five-year-old. So when I saw a Triple Decker Grilled Cheese on the menu, I had to order it.   So many layers of grilled bread, assorted cheeses, ham, and bacon made my entire day.  I barely managed to finish the sandwich, and was still so full later that night that I skipped dinner.  That's a pretty intense grilled cheese sandwich right there.  All it really needed was some soup to go with it.  Not that I would have had the room to eat it.  But still. There's just something comforting about grilled cheese and soup.

I was pretty lucky in my Ohio food experiences.  I think I especially like Digger & Finch because it reminded me so much of Delaney's here in Columbia.  It had that dark wood and intimate type of atmosphere.  There is a huge copper topped bar with a giant fireplace in the front room.  Someone whom I assume is a local musician was playing acoustic covers during brunch.  And we were seated next to a giant window that overlooked the attached golf course.  Great atmosphere, pretty good food, and just a great setting.  I would go there again in a heartbeat.  You should check it out if you find yourself in the area.

Final Rating

You can find Digger & Finch on Facebook or on the web.
Digger and Finch on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment