Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tailgating. Restaurant Style.

You may have gathered this by now, but my friends and I are huge baseball fans.  Friday night games are usually at 7 p.m., which doesn't really allow much time for going home before the first pitch.  Which, of course, gives us the excuse to go out and grab something to eat before the game.

Last Friday, we elected to go to Carolina Ale House. They have good food, a pretty good beer selection (with pretty great specials too), and the service is usually pretty quick. Perfect when you have limited time.

Friday's beer special was $3 beers from the Sweetwater Brewing Company, which suited me and L just fine. A opted for a selection from Rogue. Yes, we do love our beer.




We opted to skip appetizers since we were on a pretty tight schedule. We had a pretty fabulous meal. Ale House is definitely a familiar place to us, and none of us really stepped outside of our comfort zones with our orders. A got his favorite burger, the Triple B Burger. To be honest, I would have been perfectly happy to have eaten this one. Ale House has great burgers, but I usually opt for something else. It'll be on my "to be tried" list though.

Super juicy.  And Ale House also have incredible fries.
L went with her favorite, the Blackened London Broil Sandwich.  I've never actually tried this one, but she loves it.  And, after looking at this sandwich, I really need to try it sometime soon.  Of course, if you add crispy onion straws to anything, I'm all for it.

I'm a pretty big fan of the melty cheese too.



I went with my absolute favorite thing on the menu, the Greek Chicken Pita.  Why is this my favorite?  Because the pita is stuffed with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and giant kalamata olives.  Throw in some balsamic dressing and feta, and you have a light and filling meal.  Plus, in the scheme of things, it's pretty healthy.  Absolutely delicious.  A little bit messy because the pita is so stuffed, but that's why you have a fork to grab all of the goodness that falls out.

So much chicken!
It's not a secret that I love the Ale House.  The restaurant itself is two stories - the downstairs is a more traditional restaurant setting, and the upstairs is more of a bar area with a fantastic outdoor deck.  It's a great place for large or small groups.  There are tons of televisions that create a great atmosphere for watching a game with friends.  I've even been there for a bachelorette party.  A few nights a week, they have live music, usually on the outside deck.  Generally speaking, Ale House is a great place to go.  It's pretty reasonably priced and it's very casual.  Go check it out.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Final Rating:

You can find Carolina Ale House on Facebook, Twitter, or on the web.

Carolina Ale House- Vista on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment